Donate Today

For Members

If you are interested in becoming a CHAP member, please visit these pages to learn more about CHAP, the Access Plan and program qualifications:


Listed below are other sources for  essential services and assistance. This is not a complete list. Please call 1-888-929-CHAP(2427) for more information or to be referred to other service organizations.


Income  Level (FPL) Calculator

If you are interested in joining CHAP but are not sure if your income qualifies for the CHAP Access Plan, you may click the link above to use a Federal Poverty Level calculator. The calculator may not give you exact information about your income level, but it can help you determine if you meet CHAP’s income eligibility.

If you are unsure about what the FPL calculator is telling you, or if you would like a full eligibility interview, do not hesitate to contact CHAP during our business hours.


United Way’s 2-1-1 First Call for Help

The United Way 2-1-1 First Call for Help is a free telephone service that you can use to get information about social, health, and government resources 24 hours a day, every day. 2-1-1 can connect you to education, employment, family, health, housing, utilities, legal, financial, mental health, counseling, community, and addiction support services. Simply dial 2-1-1 on your phone to get help.

You can go to to search 2-1-1’s services.


Government Health Insurance Programs

Medicaid in Ohio

You may qualify for Medicaid, a government health program for persons who meet certain requirements. In Ohio, Medicaid is administered by the state government. Click the link above to view the State of Ohio’s current Medicaid guidelines and to see if you qualify.


Medicare (for Cuyahoga County residents over the age of 65)

If you are over the age of 65 and do not qualify for CHAP, you may qualify for Medicare, a government social services program for persons over the age of 65. Medicare is administered by the federal government.


Healthcare Coverage for Children

Healthy Start (Children Health Insurance Program)

Healthy Start provides free health insurance for low to moderate-income families with children up to age 19. Pregnant women may also be eligible. Interested residents may also contact Healthy Start by calling 1-216-987-7346.


Transportation Services

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA)

If you need transportation assistance, the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is a helpful resource. Click the link above to view current RTA riding options (including bus, rail, and trolley), routes and schedules, and fares.


Pharmacy and Prescription Assistance Services

Ohio’s Best Rx

Ohio’s Best Rx is a prescription drug discount card program created to lower the cost of prescriptions for Ohio residents without prescription insurance coverage. Qualifying Ohioans may apply online.


Food Assistance Services

Food Assistance Program – Cuyahoga County Employment and Family Services

The Cuyahoga County Food Assistance program helps individuals and families buy food. Eligible residents receive Ohio Direction Benefit cards that may be used at many food stores. You may be eligible if you have low or no income.


Child Care Assistance

Child Care Assistance Program – Cuyahoga County Employment and Family Services

The Cuyahoga County Child Care Assistance Program helps you pay for child care services. Eligibility is based on income and household size.  To apply, simply call the Child Care Hotline at 1-216-987-7346.


Mental Health, Alcohol, and Drug Addiction Services

ADAMHS – Board of Cuyahoga County

The Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services (ADAMHS) Board of Cuyahoga County can help you or family find help for mental health, alcohol, or drug-related emergencies. For immediate assistance, call the 24-hour Suicide Prevention, Mental Health Crisis, Information and Referral Hotline at 1-216-623-6888.


Homeless Services

Cuyahoga County – Office of Homeless Services

The Cuyahoga County Office of Homeless Services provides information about available emergency shelters, transitional housing programs, permanent housing programs, drop-in center programs, and homeless prevention programs.  The Office of Homeless Services can be reached at 1-216-420-6844.


Long-Term Care and Independent Living Assistance Services

PASSPORT Medicaid Waiver Program

PASSPORT is a program that provides long-term services in home and community settings. Services may include: personal care, independent living assistance, social work counseling, medical transportation, and more. If you are over the age of 60 and meet Medicaid financial eligibility, you may qualify for PASSPORT.

Cuyahoga County residents can contact the Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging to determine their PASSPORT eligibility:

Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging
925 Euclid Avenue/#600
Cleveland, OH 44115


Immigration Assistance Services

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may assist you with any immigration-related assistance. The USCIS Customer Service Center can be reached via telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

U.S. Congresswoman Marcia Fudge (OH-11)

Staff at the District Office of Congresswoman Marcia Fudge may also help you with USCIS and provide advice about immigration assistance.


Utility Payment Assistance Services

State of Ohio Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)

The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) can help low-income Ohioans pay for their energy bills.