In addition to the support and volunteer time donated by CHAP’s Board of Directors and committee members, CHAP employs two full-time staff and occasionally engages the support of undergraduate or graduate student interns.
You can reach CHAP staff via telephone or email during normal business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) by calling 1-888-929-CHAP(2427) or emailing [email protected].
- Program Manager – Mary Gladys
Mary has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare field. Her knowledge extends from Medicaid billing and eligibility requirements to our state’s HCAP criteria. Her years as a financial counselor at a major healthcare system enables her to guide our patients and partners through the often confusing enrollment process. In addition to her role as Member and Provider Service Manager Mary is the Lead Navigator for CHAP. Her peaceful persona helps everyone from becoming overwhelmed and gives them peace of mind. Mary has a soft spot for patients in need.
Facts about Mary:
- Avid reader
- Walking enthusiast
- She and her wonderful husband have 3 children and 4 grandchildren
- Addicted to Free Cell Solitaire
- Passionate about available healthcare for all
- Enjoys volunteering at her church
- Navigator – Charles Blackburn
Charles is a veteran of both the U.S. Coast Guard and the U.S. Marine Corps. He feels that his time in service has taught him leadership, accountability, honor, and working with others to achieve a common goal or mission. It is his mission at CHAP to be patient, take the time to listen, and educate others about healthcare options available to them. He enjoys having the opportunity of giving people the best information to understand and use the new ACA.
Facts about Charles:
- Enjoys spending time with wife and daughter
- Big dog lover
- Avid swimmer and biker
- Loves to help people whenever and wherever possible
- HUGE Cleveland Browns Fan..”Here we go Brownie’s, Here we Go!”